Company registration in Latvia
is a multi-step process that will vary according to the type of legal entity that is being founded. Some varieties of businesses will have lighter registration requirements, such as the sole trader, while others will need to fulfill more requirements.
Our team of company formation agents in Latvia
can help you throughout the steps needed to register a company in Latvia and with the needed submissions with the Register of Enterprises.
The company registry in Latvia
The company registry in Latvia is called the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia and it is the public institution responsible for registering companies, traders, representative offices, and branches. Other types of establishments are also registered here, including mass-media associations or foundations.
The Register may be accessed by individuals who wish to know more about companies that have already been registered in the country. The basic information will include the type of company
, its registered office and assigned registration number, the date of registration and other information. Individuals may obtain information about registered companies in Latvia by filling in a form and paying a fee.
One of our agents who specialize in company formation in Latvia can help you with a thorough company search as this may be relevant to a company due diligence procedure.
Company registration steps in Latvia
Below are the main steps that need to be addressed when registering a company in Latvia:
- the type of business: investors may choose to open a limited liability company, a branch or a sole trader depending on their business needs;
- the incorporation documents: the company founders will need to draft the articles of association as per the Commercial Law;
- the bank account and share capital: the minimum share capital is deposited into a corporate bank account opened in Latvia;
- the actual registration with the Register of Enterprises of the Republic of Latvia;
- apply for registration as a taxpayer.
Subsequent steps will include purchasing a property or renting office space for the registered office of the company as well as hiring employees and observing the requirements for social security registration.
In most cases, a company in Latvia
is registered within approximately five working days. The time may vary according to the type of company and other special considerations.